TERMS & CONDITIONS [T&C] & RULES & REGULATIONS [R&R]
ROTARY NEWS TRUST is the sole and absolute owner of & maintains ROTARY NEWS AND ROTARY SAMACHAR (hereinafter “website”) to enhance public access to the Rotary News and Rotary Samachar owned by Rotary News Trust (RNT). This service is provided on an “As Is” basis & is continually under development.
RNT requires that all users/visitors to this site(s) on the World Wide Web (the “Site”) adhere to these Terms & Conditions [T&C] & Rules & Regulations [R&R].
By accessing this Site you/user/visitor automatically confirm your acknowledgment & acceptance of these T&C and R&R which is the agreement between the parties.
Copyright/Trademarks [Collectively “Intellectual Property Rights”]
The trademarks, logos & service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of RNT & other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of RNT or such third party which may own the Marks.
RNT grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site but not for commercial purposes. We permit the use of materials on this website subject to due credit given to RNT. The use shall also be subject to non-commercial use and limited to personal or academic dissemination (including on social media and use on all kinds of media). Copyright should be acknowledged. Such use should not infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights of any person. When using material from this website, proper attribution to authors and/or copyright holders must be given. User is granted the right to create hyperlinks to the home page or any other page of RNT. You may not use Rotary International trademarks as part of the link without express permission.
ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY & FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. RNT DOES NOT ENDORSE & IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN RNT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL RNT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE ON/THROUGH THE SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
RNT specifically disclaims any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site, (even if RNT has been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user’s computer equipment.
Users are invited to submit comments, questions, ideas, reviews or any other information concerning Rotary and the website’s contents, provided they understand that such comments will be subject to moderation & RNT reserves the right to remove or edit such content. All such submissions should not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory or infringing on privacy or on intellectual property rights of others.
Confidentiality of User Communications
Except as required by law, RNT will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information & which are transmitted directly to RNT. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential & RNT may use & provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to RNT for any purpose whatsoever & as deemed appropriate by RNT.
Linked Internet Sites
RNT prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site & the framing of any Content available through the Site. RNT reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames & specifically disclaims any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user’s own risk.
RNT is under no obligation to review any message, information or content (“Postings”) posted on the Site by users & assumes no responsibility or liability relating to any such Postings. Notwithstanding the above, RNT may from time to time monitor the Postings on the Site & may decline to accept and/or remove any Postings that contain
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind.
- Messages posted by users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references.
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of RNT purporting to speak on behalf of RNT.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point.
- Chain letters/mails of any kind.
Changes to R & R
We reserve the right to revise these R & R at any time & Users are deemed to be apprised of & bound by any changes to these R & R. The latest updated R & R would be posted on the Site.
Violation of Rules & Regulations
RNT reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law & in equity for violations of these T & C and R & R, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas
Access to & use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
The Web site is deemed to be published from/at Chennai City, India (irrespective of where it is accessed from).
ONLINE PAYMENT BY USER/CUSTOMER IS SUBJECT TO THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This online payment system is provided by Rotary News Trust (MERCHANT). The terms and conditions shall be amended, changed and/or modified from time to time by the MERCHANT and any such amendments/modifciations/changes shall be effective forthwith.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility for the Products and/or Services of MERCHANT. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
The Product and Services are as described in rotarynewsonline.org website, under various sections. Please read carefully the description of the product/service before proceeding with payment.
Rotary Year denotes July to June. Payment shall be made for a minimum one year period. Excess payment will be carried over to the next Rotary year.
Payment shall be made in advance for more than a year.
All prices quoted are in Indian Rupees, unless explicitly stated otherwise. The MERCHANT reserves the right to change the prices at any time.
- Your payment will normally reach the MERCHANT’s account to which you are making a payment within two working days.
- The MERCHANT cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the MERCHANT account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details or for any other fault. The Merchant shall not accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the netbanking system/credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment the MERCHANT is under no obligation to bring this fact to your notice. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account and reached the MERCHANT.
- In no event, the MERCHANT shall be liable for any loss, damages, compensation whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, is at the discretion of the MERCHANT and shall be made only to the netbanking account/debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- Refunds based on a valid clause will be made within 30 days of receipt of a written/e-mail communication.
Hard copies of the magazine will be sent to your postal address every month. For non-receipt of magazine, please communicate to our office immediately.
For e-copies, login id and password will be sent to your valid e-mail id.
Any matter, dispute, resolution on the presents are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Chennai Courts only.
All communications and notices of any kind may be sent to:
Rotary News Trust
Dugar Towers, 3rd Floor,
34 Marshalls Road