Rotarian Code of Conduct

Here is the updated Rotarian Code of Conduct; the last aspect has been included since Jan 2019.

As a Rotarian, I will:

• Act with integrity and high ethical standards in my personal and professional life
  • Deal fairly with others and treat them and their occupations with respect
  • Use my professional skills through Rotary to:  mentor young people, help those with special needs, and improve people’s quality of life in my community and in the world
  • Avoid behaviour that reflects adversely on Rotary or other Rotarians.
  • Help maintain a harassment-free environment in Rotary meetings, events, and activities, report any suspected harassment, and help ensure non-retaliation to those individuals that report harassment (January 2019 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 119).

Source:  COL 89-148; Amended by May 2011 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 204; September 2011 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 87; October 2013 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 31; January 2014 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 88; October 2014 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 60; January 2019 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 119

© rotary.org

6 comments on “Rotarian Code of Conduct

• Sep 29 2019 at 9:09 am

I am a proud Rotarian and wear Rotary pins wherever I go as it shape my personality. During my visits abroad, I exchange our club flags and invite the hosts to my place, thus extending our hospitality. In this way, I also get help from the Rotary Foundation to implement community projects.

• Rotary Club : Rotary Bangalore Sadashivnagar District 3190
  • Sep 29 2019 at 1:57 pm

Very nice information and great projects done by the Rotarian.

• Sep 30 2019 at 11:08 am

A very good information on this Rotary website.

• Rotary Club : RCBombay Chembur West
    • Sep 30 2019 at 7:03 pm

When I am on any Rotary project or activity, I always have the Rotary pin on me as my identity. Every member should feel proud to be a Rotarian and work with all transparency, dignity and politeness. The clubs should be managed with utmost integrity and transparency for the common good. If possible, all clubs in a locality can join hands to take up a notable project to showcase the focus areas of Rotary International.

• Rotary Club : Rotary club of Nagpur fort
    • Oct 06 2019 at 1:49 pm

Rotary District Grants and Global Grants are a big source to offer the best in need of community around or internationally. The district grant and global grant projects build public image for Rotary and also help us to sustain membership growth. Further, they keep the members busy as they survey the needs of their communities and taking up stewardship of funds of donors and TRF.

• Rotary Club : Ludhiana
    • Oct 11 2019 at 3:39 am

A harassment-free environment is a long-awaited welcome inclusion. Rotarians should consider inculcating and propagating the codes to achieve significant improvement in interpersonal relationship within the community.

• Rotary Club : Salt Lake Metropolitan Kolkata