Rotary Foundation month
November is Rotary Foundation month. Here are some ideas to ensure your November events are a success:
- Educate Rotarians about the Foundation’s history and its impact on families and communities, share Rotary’s work on your social media, publicise grants projects that can inspire other clubs.
- Promote Foundation programmes such as Paul Harris Society and Every Rotarian Every Year and encourage every Rotarian to support TRF’s Annual Fund every Rotary year.
- Recognise and thank new Major Donors and Paul Harris Society members.
- Thank Rotarians who have contributed to the Foundation for the first time.
- Encourage the non-contributing clubs and members to give to TRF.
- Promote online giving among Rotarians in your region.
Our newest Area of Focus
Supporting the environment becomes Rotary’s newest area of focus, which are categories of service activities supported by global grants. It joins peacebuilding and conflict prevention; disease prevention and treatment; water, sanitation and hygiene; maternal and child health; basic education and literacy; and community economic development.
More than $18 million in Foundation global grant funding has been allocated to environment-related projects over the past five years. Creating a distinct area of focus to support the environment will give Rotary members even more ways to bring about positive change in the world and increase our impact.
Grant applications for projects are open since July 1, 2021. Gifts and commitments from Rotarians and others will be sought to provide global grant support for the new area of focus. The TRF Committee on Environment Area of Focus-Major Gift Initiative from our region includes PDGs Ashok Panjwani and Gowri Rajan.